Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Old Idea Realized

My legs ache. Its almost midnight. If I stay up too late too much I get a cold. But I'm not running in the morning and I'm a little wired. I'm sure if I just lay my head down I will clunker out. I went to a new friends house today and got the run down on cloth diapering. WoW! I didn't know there was this amazing movement going on. The 7 years I have had kids I haven't met one person who is cloth diapering until her. Its like this secret. But once you know the secret you think, "Why has this taken me so long to find out about this?!" This amazing woman has four kids like me and is a pro at this cloth diapering.  She let me come in her house in her bedroom and closet and bathroom showing me her hundreds of styles and kinds and ways of doing all of this cloth diaper business stuff.  I was really inspired. Its another way of taking complete care of my babies. I asked her, "Why do you like it so much?"
She said, "I don't know, its just really fulfilling."
I said, "Do you nurse your babies too?"
She said, "yes."
And it all started coming together for me. She feels fulfillment nursing her babies like I do and its something that you can't really explain but have to experience and for her cloth diapers is part of that experience too.  Plus she says its fun, and the diapers are so cute, diaper laundry is her favorite!
Well this all hit me at a core level. I delivered my baby sitting on my hubbies lap completely natural and nurse my babies and stay home with them...duh...of course naturally I should be cloth diapering! Before you know it I'll be going granola or something! J/K!

So this cloth diaper business has been like a little whisper in my ear. Before I found out anything about it.  I hate spending the money on diapers since I have two in diapers and one in pull-ups.  A couple of years ago I had a terrifying experience when I needed diapers but didn't have the money for them for a few days.  I felt panicked. I felt scared and powerless.  What if we can't get a hold of diapers for some reason? I would be in big trouble. I would be making some ridiculous makeshift diapers to get by. YIKES! These economic and world events are unpredictable and unstable. Cloth diapers to me is something I want to get into so that it also becomes part of my preparedness storage. Its just a no brainer for me as a mom with young children. When I googled cloth diapers I was amazed that they weren't these white square rags that you fold and pin and fasten a piece of plastic over. Cloth diapers have been re-created from when my mom used them. They are modern, practical and stylish. One problem with getting into it is that its hard to spend the money upfront to get started. I figured I could at least get a little to start. I just bought my first cloth diapering stuff tonight and it was very overwhelming but since I got the run down from my friend today I was able make a decision on my first order. I can't wait for it to get here and try it all out. Plus I'm saving the planet and my wallet!
Love and Light and Goodnight!~
I want spring to come! My tree has quadrupled in size but my flowers are amazing!