Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Food


This Girl is a great Eater! She is my artichoke buddy! We had a lot of fun eating these! Reminded me a lot of my friend Carolyn and I growing up. I like to have artichokes once a year!

Aren't these Italian Bread loafs beautiful? I made four smaller ones this time instead of two large ones for my Italian Meatball Sandwiches. I had this terrible mishap last week with my bread.  I had made Italian Bread. It was beautiful and in the oven when disaster happened.  I was spraying the oven with water to make a crisper crust when the light bulb in the oven exploded.  Shards of glass embedded in the dough of my bread completely ruining it.  I felt defeated and sad.  All that work.....ruined! 
Tonight I made a curry chicken dish over rice with Cesar salad.  It was pretty good but I need a new curry recipe. I want it to have coconut milk in it.  Anyways, I also made cupcakes with Lydia today.  It was very blustery out today and never left the house.  I also felt a little suffocated by the end of the day.  Lydia is getting more restless at home with me.  She is wanting to do something "fun" with me every second.  I remember this happening a lot with Andrea the year before Kindergarten as well.  Its getting harder to "entertain."  I try to have fun snacks and activities to do. We got out the paints today and Damon and Lydia spent a lot of time painting pictures.  Mostly I have to just involve her in whatever I am doing.  I mopped the floor and she was the water bucket girl wheeling the bucket over to me when I needed a rinse.  She was also playing on the kitchen table chairs moved onto the living room carpet hoping from chair to chair to couch....
She started singing and talking and make believing.  That is always fun to watch!
Wade came home and we had a nice FHE making signs to memorize the words to the primary song we are working on this month for church.  Then we decorated the cupcakes.  I put too much lemon extract in the icing thinking how tasty it would be and ruined it. Another cooking mishap but what do ya do? Kids still like it! I didn't have any boxed cake mixes so I made this white cake batter from scratch out of my Better Homes and Garden's cookbook.  You know, the book with the red plaid cover? Well I finally found out the difference between the white cake and the yellow cake. The white cake is used with only the egg whites! I thought it had something to do with butter.  This recipe also called for buttermilk.  I think the cake part turned out wonderfully but I should have made some kind of chocolate frosting so my hubby would love it.  Problem was I was thinking mostly of Lydia making the cake and she doesn't care for chocolate....I didn't want to disappoint her but also didn't want to make two frosting's.  But seriously...your thinking who cares!! Well these are the simple things that consume my life. White frosting or chocolate frosting?? 1/2 tsp of lemon extract like the recipe says or maybe I should try 1 1/2 tsp??? decisions decisions! Well there are other things on my mind. Like the few people who called on the business phone and why aren't our taxes done yet????
My baby Bella is not feeling very good. I am hopeing she is just teething.  She is getting to be a handful! Church is getting harder and harder and it will be until she is 18 months when she goes into the nursery class. I feel exhausted by the end of church! She is busy at home and is completely board of her toys! Any day now she will be crawling to pull on a cord somewhere or trying to get into all the cupboards! She is so much fun!!
Love & Light