Monday, March 21, 2011

Cloth is Cool!

My first day of Cloth Diapers!
Sunday was the first day that Bella was in all cloth. It went surprisingly well.  I was amazed at how nicely they worked. They work as good as disposables. It is different not to just toss the messy diaper in the garbage. But there is something satisfying about it.  We went to church and everything went fine. I have this cool sprayer that connects to the toilet to spray the poop off easily into the toilet, then I toss it into this wet bag.  I have basically two types of diapers. Ones with covers and seperate inserts and all-in-one diapers where the insert is sewed into the cover.  They are soft and comfortable and some have velcro and some have snaps.  I heard that the snaps last longer.  Most of them are also one size. Which means they adjust to your baby from infant to toddler.  How cool is that? The diaper grows with your baby! The ones with the cover and inserts are bulkier on the baby, but I think those are the most economical. I only have enough diapers for about 1 1/2 days. So I may cloth diaper a few days a week and use disposable the rest.  It takes a lot of money to get started with cloth. Cloth diapers are not cheap! My mom said, "Why couldn't they have invented these in the 50's??"  These cloth diapers are not what your grandmother used.  They really are amazing, totally modernised. So if the world ends, I'll be able to wash a few diapers to get by!
Love & Light