Wednesday, May 4, 2011

poop

Bella was up in the night with a fever. Today she is sleepy and hot. I slept through the alarm. I think the volume was messed with. It was a bummer. One of my children pooped in the tub. This child who will not be named kept denying it. After the tub drained.....
Mommy I think there is poop in the tub.
What do you mean?
I think I saw poop in the tub.
(She is in the tub and has been by herself from the beginning in the tub. And there in the tub is the poop.)
Did you poop in the tub?
No
Well who did?
I don't know.
You had to poop in the tub because you were the only one in there and there wasn't any poop in it when you got in.
No I DIDN'T!!
You won't get into trouble. But you need to tell me the truth. Its okay if you pooped in the tub by accident. Sometimes that happens.
I didn't poop in the tub.
You are lieing to me because it had to be you. Please tell me the truth. You won't get into trouble.
Did you poop in the tub?
No.
Okay then you are lieing and you need to first clean it up and then stand in the corner.
She cries and cries and says how disgusting it is.  I'm surprised that she has lied about it when it was so obviously her. Maybe she is embarrassed. Later the next day she says.
Oh I can't get that word out of my head from my teacher in primary.
What word is that?
Commandments. You got to follow the commandments. She says it every time!
Well that is very good but what does commandments mean?
Be good and be nice to your brothers and sisters and tell the truth.......
Oh like don't lie?
She sighs, "yes, I keep having trouble with that one. I don't know why mom!"
"It's okay your learning. Sometimes its scary to tell the truth because we can be afraid that we might get into trouble. We have to always tell the truth and be honest because its the right thing to do and if you lie you get into more trouble." It was actually kind of funny. Wade was home and heard the whole thing. We still don't know why she lied about it.
You get into the poop free tub. The water fills up the tub. No one else gets into the tub. You see poop in the tub. You think, where in the world did that come from? WHO pooped in my tub? Mommy there is poop in the tub!! I don't know where the poop came from but I alone have been in the tub. 


May 3
After being a little down this morning from getting told again how bad I am.....I had a good day. I prayed hard to get over my blues and as my day went along I felt my spirits lighten. My good friend came over so I could watch her kids for a little while and she brought pizza and hung out all afternoon.  We had a great time talking about Women's Conference and stuff.  I like her so much and feel safe around her. She washed my dishes as I made rolls and broccoli soup that I shared with her to take home. The kids were all very good today. Bella is much better and Damon was a delight to be around. He is talking more and a funny boy. Lydia was happily playing a lot outside with my friends son. I felt good being home cooking and talking with a friend. Too bad I got told again how prideful and stubborn I am later. This person is thinking that I'm actually benefiting from being put down and guilted. I pulled out my notes this morning of Women's Conference and tried to keep the same spirit I felt there.  Its amazing being back in the trenches and the opposition that comes. Its not easy. And the sad part is that opposition can come through close family members. But it teaches me a lot. I am happy for my trials and glad for my many blessings. I've been thinking a lot about last year at this time. I was on full bed rest.
Love and Light~
Women's Conference post coming soon.......