Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Loving my Choice

"Marriage, Marriage is what brings us together...today." (Princess Bride)
I can't believe 9 years ago today we were sealed in the temple for all eternity. When we were dating in high school I hoped that I would one day marry him and spend the rest of our lives together. I am so happy to be living "our lives" together right now. I believe that love is a daily choice. It's not something I "fell" into without wanting too. I choose to love.

In the Mormon culture we don't live together or have sex before marriage. So it can make it interesting when you get married to find out many things about your partner that you never knew before. I love how being married breaks all the walls and barriers and the "naked" truth is revealed. For instance when I got the flu bug for the first time after being married, that showed me in a different light that he never saw before. What is neat about it is that you say you love each other but after you go through the difficulties and hardships of life(and joys!!)  together and still say I love you that's when your love grows and deepens. "He saw me like that and he loves me even more!?" Yay! 
The thing about marriage too is that the things that drew you to that person and that you liked about them may start to drive you crazy or annoy you later. I remember thinking. "Oh, ya but I really liked him because of this quality." I think it annoys me sometimes because its different then me and its a different way. Its funny because that's part of why I chose him. Who would want to be married to themselves? I've learned a lot about how its okay to do things in a different way then I would do it as long as it gets done. What is important is being the same in ideals, goals, and shares the same values/principles. So in those ways we are the same. I think that is vital!!
Mostly I'm trying to let things go and relax. Most of the time when I get upset at Wade I try to think about why I'm upset and realize its actually about me. I'm actually having a hard time about something and trying to blame him. When I let things go, its like claiming my power. Because I have control over my emotions, I don't get into that irrational crazy behavior I grew up seeing.  That's when you lose your power. The worst phrase is, "strike when the iron is hot." That is the worst thing you can do! It only causes damage that may never be repaired. You really can't take words back.
I love being married. I have learned so much about myself, life and family by being married and having children. My eyes are continually being opened as I grow. The greatest decision of my life was getting married to my good husband! He helps bring balance into my life and keeps me calm...........
Let the celebrations begin!!!
Love and Light~
ps Choose to love your choice!