Tuesday, May 24, 2011


Last night I got out of the house and ran 12 miles at 8 min/miles. I haven't ran that far in 10 years! At about 11 miles I started feeling really excited that I ran that far even though my hamstrings were getting tight and burning. Yoohoo I did it!!  My friend and I talked and had fun the whole way. At one point I thought I was going to fall over from laughing so hard.  It was a little stormy and we got sprinkled on a little bit. I'm so happy to run with someone. I know if I tried by myself it would take me a long time to work up to 12 miles and it would be much more painful. It's easier to push my body when someone else is doing it. My legs started really cramping up when I got home. I could feel the lactic acid making my legs stiff and hurt. I went to bed and woke up at midnight realizing that I was having a hard time sleeping because my legs were hurting so bad. I got up and took 800 mil of ibuprofen. It helped a lot and woke up this morning without cramps. I'm just a little sore.

My mornings aren't as good when I don't get up early to run. I'm going to try to make myself get up before the kids the rest of the week.  Today I'm really happy and loving the rain. I made a sheet cake and am getting ready to have Navajo Tacos for dinner. We are feeding the missionaries for the first time tonight. After that Wade is going on splits with them for the rest of the night. I'm not excited about Wade being gone all day....and night but I'm sure it will be fun for him in the end.

Yesterday I made my best rolls (Lion House) and Pepper Jack Potato Soup. Talk about comfort food! It was so yummy. Its a recipe from the Food Nanny. Before I went on my run last night we had Family Home Evening. I am able to play the piano (at least the top hand!). Ya its pretty much awesome to have a piano!!  We had a lesson on the restoration of the gospel. It was fun explaining how the gospel that Jesus Christ taught while He was on the earth has been restored again. We had a great time and talked about the priesthood too. We all bore our testimonies. While I was reading and showing a picture of John the Baptist coming down from heaven to restore the Aaronic priesthood back to the earth to Joseph Smith and then later the Apostles Peter, James and John giving him the Melchizedek priesthood I felt the tingly feelings of the Spirit telling me that, that really did happen. I love it when I feel the Holy Ghost!
Love and Light~