Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mommy Day~

Mother's Day is tomorrow. I think I will wake up happy. Last year I was on bed rest. I couldn't go to church to hear my girls sing in sacrament with the primary, something I always looked forward to as my children are getting older. I was supposed to lay flat all day every day for weeks. It was hard. But I was blessed that day last year because I felt peace and contentment that I was bringing a healthy child into this world. I have a beautiful baby girl now. The struggles are so worth it!  The Lord really helped me get through it. My mother really saved the day! She came in and helped me when I couldn't take care of the house, my kids, the laundry.....and so many people came and brought me meals and helped out! I have gained so much more experience and compassion by going through that. That was a great learning experience for me. I am so blessed to be healthy today and to have a healthy husband and children. Its amazing how a health issue can turn your world upside down.

Be sure to read my Mother's Day Post from last year on bed rest if you missed it! 

I think that most of the time our minds is where the testing is when it comes to being a wife and mother. Its not easy but we can do it!

Today is Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day to all women whether you've borne children into the world or not! All women are mother's in one way or another.
The day started off good with sticky buns and my husband and children with cards. Wade got me my own ipod shuffle that I can listen to music while I run! I am way excited about it! Soon after Wade said he wasn't feeling good.  It got worse and worse and began throwing up. Its unusual for him to get the stomach flu. But here it is in all its glory! It has made the rounds at my house this week. I felt really bad for him because today was his only day off from working 11-12 hour days almost all week long. I feel like I haven't seen him much at all.  Today I was basically bymyself again with the kids since he was sick in bed and took the kids to church. I feel okay about it because I'm sure we will make up some family time soon.
This afternoon I played with the kids a little by jumping on the trampoline with them. It was fun because its a little stormy. I'm so happy to be a mommy!!!
Love and Light~