Friday, May 21, 2010

These are the Beautiful Flowers Wade sent me for out Anniversary!


Just when you think that things are hard enough, something else happens to throw things off. After putting the kids to bed I became very sick the other night. Some kind of stomach virus. I usually call the sickness the stomach flu. It is so awful and I always get it--almost every single year. And when I do get it, its bad. As I was throwing up, I thought, "this can't be good on my already4 cm cervix." So I call up Dad. He thinks that I am probably pushing the baby down further each time I throw up and that I should call my nurse midwife. So I just so happen to have her cell phone number and she tells me to come into the OB and get on an IV and meds to stop the nausea. Wade helps me hobble into the OB and my long night started. They gave me a couple different nausea medicines and those lovely shots to stop contractions. It was one miserable night. Those labor and delivery beds are sooo uncomfortable to sleep in. Luckily by the next evening I was able to come home. Only because my dilation hadn't changed. The only thing that changed is that my baby is at a 0 station. That means that she is pretty much as far down as she can go. I was so happy that the sickness didn't start me into full labor and that I am home. I was hoping that I could get a break from that darn stomach virus one year of my life and that being pregnant and on bed rest would give me a free pass. But nooo way that would be too easy! Phenegrin---is the best anti-nausea medicine! If you can get some for storage, you should!!!


They also gave me an ultrasound while I was there. My amionic fluid count was great and the baby is approx. 5 lbs 4 oz! Hopefully I can make is another week.


One thing I love about my hospital is all the people that I know. I recognize a lot of nurses from my other deliveries and a lot of the nurses I know from my ward or from my stake. It is a nice feeling to be under such good care. One of the women who took care of me is the wife of one of my stake presidency. I was telling her how much I love our stake presidency and what great men they are. I can feel a personal genuine love from them. Anyways it is nice that when I go to the hospital that I am among friends.

I must say this bedrest and going to the hospital and everything is a sacrifice for the whole family. I think that it is taking a toll on every one of us. Both grandmas have been helping out a lot. They were taking turns while I was in the hospital. Last night when Wade was serving the kids dinner and getting everyone settled for bed I heard him say, "I can't wait for life to get back to normal." I think he was trying to say, When will I get my wife back? All of us are getting tired of it, especially me and I have to just keep in mind how far we have come and how close to being done we are. Every night we pray as a family and ask the Lord to bless all of those who have helped and served us. It is amazing how much love and support we are receiving. My poor mother is getting so worn out. I found out that the night I was in the hospital she was at home throwing up too with the same sickness! But she came back to my house the next morning at 6 am to take care of my kids even thought she was still feeling rotten. Mothers are such troopers. Mothers make such sacrifices for their children. They do whatever it takes.