Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Bed Rest Part 3

32 weeks approx.

Everyday this week went by better then the day before it. I'm getting more and more used to the whole idea and situation. By Saturday, 5 days into full bed rest, I noticed when I did stand up that my legs would start aching. But with some stretching I think it is going away.

Wade and the girls tilled the garden and planted a row of peas. I had a nice spot on the trampoline where I laid and watched. I should have taken a picture of my big 6 year old tilling the garden. She was wearing a jean skirt with her lace-up cowboy boots. I was amazed that she could actually run the tiller by herself! It was a beautiful day. It felt so good to be outside and feel the sun.

It is weird to watch what goes on in my own home and not be a part of it all. One day this week Wade had a busy long day doing his yard care business and came home and started unloading a bunch of left over soil into our garden. He came in when he was done and immediately started clearing the dishes from dinner. Then he got the kids ready for bed. Meanwhile I am just laying there on the couch watching. I felt bad. I don't think he sat down once all day. It is so strange to feel perfectly fine and have to lay down. I have no pain, or discomfort. The sitting is the hardest part for me. I could do more if I could sit up. My CNM said that we just don't know how bad the sitting is for me. I am not contracting. It is a confusing situation.

I'm trying my best to be good but wondering sometimes, is it really necessary? Is me laying down making that much difference? What if I didn't cook and didn't clean and did minimal activities in the home and laid down most of the day? It is a strange mind game. But there is no way of knowing and I need to get as far along as possible. I am happy to be 33 weeks and inching closer to 34 weeks every day. I'm grateful for the friends and family who are helping us.

Monday was a harder day for me. Its not fun...needing help. I'm a very hands on mom and I like to do everything myself. I want to take care of all my childrens needs and run the household. When Wade walked in unexpectedly at 1 pm (when he wasn't supposed to be home until after 5) and said that he was home for the rest of the day, I cried. He sat down beside me on the couch and I wrapped my arms around him. I wispered to him that I didn't want to be on bedrest anymore. (I'm allowed to complain a little aren't I?) It was a neat feeling when I saw him. It felt like a relief; "Oh there he is. My best friend, partner, lover, companion, and daddy to my children." I was happy to see him.......too bad I'm restricted to do things. wink wink
And with that I'll end this rambling and say nigh night!