Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Help Me!


My legs hurt. I'm really tired. Getting ready to go camping is a big pain. I don't really look forward to it these days because its so much work. I enjoy it when we are out and its good family time, but for me its exhausting. The worst part is after we come home; cleaning up, putting stuff away. It takes days before everything is normal again.
It seems to be the cheapest form of vacation for us and the memories are priceless. The kids love it. They get to be outside and use there imagination.
I'm excited this time to go to the dunes with my sister. We haven't ever done that together before. I don't know why I'm writing. I should go to bed. Good Night.

We woke up at 4:30 to leave the house by 6. We got about an hour away when we broke down. Luckily we limped it home. Wade was able to fix it by 2 pm and we went close by to camp instead of the dunes. We had a lovely windy time. The kids had fun. A felt crazy only a couple of times.

The day after we come home from being out of town is my lowest moments.
Another weekend we left unexpectedly and I wasn't able to have the house clean before we left. That makes the day coming home 10 times worse. I'm already so behind when I walk into the door. We left at 8 am to make it home in time to go to church. Wade called me the slave driver! But we already missed the week before and didn't want to find a teacher for us. We got home and bathed the babies and Wade and I worked together as a team. It was such a relief to go to Sacrament meeting. I forgot about fast Sunday but was happy to hear fast and testimony meeting. The meeting started off fantastic with a great testimony from a brother in the ward who just went to the temple the day before and was sealed to his wife and children. He bore testimony about the temple and felt that angels were there helping his children be reverent and able to make it through the ceremony. I felt the spirit so strong that what he was saying was true and noticed my husband tearing up with the spirit as well. I knew that all the rushing around that day was worth it to feel the spirit. We had a great time teaching in primary. The kids were so messed up with their schedules. Damon had been eating candy all day to keep him happy in the car. After church I had left overs to eat and Damon wouldn't eat it. He is on a total sugar high. He and Bella fell asleep about 4:30 and woke up at 6. Not good. Damon found some Doritos and left the bag on the floor and Bella found it and dumped the whole bag on the floor. I was mad and asked the household....."And who will be cleaning that up?" Andrea walks in from being outside in my leather boots and scuffs them up. My house remember is a disaster!!  I completely lose it, yell and hid in my bathroom to take a bath. I sit in the bath and feel so overwhelmed and out of control. I'm hanging my head with defeat. I'm thinking I'm really going to screw Andrea up and feel hopeless. I start praying. But I still feel crazy. I can't handle the bath anymore and get out feeling guilty and hear two of my babies crying. Wade is some how tuning all of this out. I lay on the bed with the two babies who have stopped crying now that they are crawling all over me and cry out in my mind. "Help me God! Help me, Help me please!"
I realize that Bella needs fed. I, at this point am very quiet and lethargic. I notice Andrea is not around and find that after I got upset she went to her bed and fell asleep. As I feed Bella I hear Wade say with conviction, "Okay." As if he has now tuned in.
All the sudden I see magic happen. He rounds the troops and gains control of the house. The girls are working in their rooms and before I know it he is vacuuming the whole house. All of this brings the life back into me and I chip away at the kitchen and get it cleaned up. Andrea is avoiding eye contact. She spilled the hair box all over the floor and was cleaning it up after Daddy told her to. I knelt down by her and started helping her. I told how sorry I was for getting upset again. How I'm going to do better and I am working on being more patient. I said how we are here on this earth to learn and grow and that means me too. I said how grateful I am that she is my daughter helping me learn patience and how to be a better mother. I told her what a good daughter she is...... We hug. The house is almost spotless and I feel like I'm about to cry. I'm not overwhelmed, the kids and house are in order and I realize my pleading prayers were answered.
Love & Light~