Friday, June 17, 2011

For Myself?

I ran my very first 10K this morning. It went really well. I felt good which was a worry for me since I had a bad run last week. I kept chanting in my head, "I am strong, I feel Good, I am Amazing." Just to keep any doubts about myself away. It was really fun and made me feel alive and....myself. Is there a "myself" anymore? Its easy to lose sight of self when I've been in the trenches of pregnancy and young motherhood for 8 years now. I feel like there is something inside of me trying to get out more. I'm still here, trying to get some air! My spirit is needing a little nurture by taking care of this body of mine. This is something I can do for the most part before the kids even wake up. Although I never want to get out of my warm bed there is something greater inside me saying, "We have to have some air or we will die."---geese that sounds like Smeagle on Lord of the Rings! Who is talking now? hahaI run for myself but the whole family benefits. Maybe its not for myself as much as I think. I've committed myself to God and my family and that means I have to have a good self to offer. What greater gift to give to God and family then my best self? The sad, discouraged, I can't smile today self is pathetic! I don't want that self....and hopefully I'll see less and less of that one.


I've taken 10 years off from running. I'm ready to run again! I took 1st in my age division. And ran 47:05 (7:34 Min/Mi) I feel good about it!
Love & Light & Good Health To You From Me~