Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday

Today was a nice day at church. Such great people there. All of us so imperfect and trying our best. I'm loving the sisterhood these days. I finally made a roast for Sunday dinner. I've been so out of my usual routine with the new church time. Wade helped me get it together in the crock pot last night by peeling potatoes and carrots. The bad thing was all night the smell of roast kept waking me up! It was so revolting and suffocating! Wade also woke me up all night with his heart burn problems. I've got to call Dad and get a prescription for him. Even if I have to force it down Wade's throat! (J/K :))Went to a teacher development meeting tonight. It was so nice to have a conversation afterwards about raising children and things. It is nice to know I'm not alone in the struggles of daily life. We all have them and it feels good to talk to good people.
The most hilarious thing happened to us today. I made a big breakfast this morning and didn't get in the shower when I usually do and after I got out and Wade had came home from feeding the horses, he sat down to feed his fish and I got nervous about the time and said lets hurry so that we are not late. I don't think I looked at the clock one time. I was rushing to get ready and get the kids ready and their needs met. Wade was getting ready and got the church bag situated and I said, "how much time do I have?" He said, "none, its 47 after." I said, "okay get the kids in the car and I'll grab my shoes." We get in the car and drive to church. We walk down the hall and I notice how quiet it was. We get to the doors of the chapel and I notice immediately without walking in! that this is not our ward. In the lobby I can hear that the speaker is already speaking. I look down at my watch, turn around to look at Wade and put my hand on my mouth. I cannot stop laughing. I try to muffle it as I say, this is not our ward! He says what time is it??!! It was 10 and our church starts at 11! I cannot stop laughing as we walk down the hall. He says, "I thought you said we were going to be late." I said, "I thought you said I had no time left." He says, "I was only looking at the minute hand." He blamed my pregnant brain. It was so funny. I laughed all the way home.