Sunday, January 31, 2010


I was surprised when the wave of emotion rolled up and spilled out after I heard his voice. I didn't expect him to answer. It had been so long since I heard his voice. It sounded so good, familiar, part of my roots, there from my beginning.


I felt so angry last year at this time; bewildered, betrayed, hurt. Days turned into months and the longer it went on not knowing where he was, how he was doing, if he was okay, I felt that something inside me was missing. My loved one is lost. I don't know where he is. I couldn't ignore the love that is there inside of me for him. No matter what he does or doesn't do. In fact the love started to grow and the anger went away. I started thinking about him more often. The love is there. I love him no matter what. Although we don't agree on lots of things, and live totally different lives, we are still family. We had such a great conversation. I felt so good afterwards feeling the connection between us again and knowing that he is okay. I have a glimpse of what the Saviors unconditional love for each of us is like. No matter what we do, the Savior's love is always there.