Thursday, August 18, 2011

Back to School Feast 2011


We had a back to school feast. It was very special. The table was set beautifully with my best dishes and fresh flowers. The kids wore crowns to signify that they are daughters of God. The food was so yummy. We had grilled salmon and zucchini, Caesar salad, wild rice, fruit with jello and grape/cranberry juice. We lit the candles and sat together. It was really nice. Afterwards Wade gave each of the children a fathers priesthood blessing for the school year. I even got one too! It was awesome and I'm so happy that my husband holds the priesthood~ it's one of the most important things to me.
Andrea is going into 2nd grade! We are all very excited and proud of her. Lydia starts kindergarten but not for at least another week. It was like torture for her to watch Andrea go to school and stay home yet again. But I tried to make it up to her by going to McDonald's and have a couple of little friends over this afternoon. I also cut her hair with bangs at her request. I think she looks really cute and reminded me of when I was a little girl with bangs, blond hair and brown eyes!


I keep thinking her name is now little Julie II! Its amazing how different she looks with bangs! She has a soccer game today. Yes it is soccer season and I'm so excited to watch her play!

This week I had a day filled with anxiousness.  Then I remembered that I don't want to have total control over my life. I don't want things to go my way. I remembered AGAIN that I want God to be in control and that I want my life to follow His plan for me. I have total trust that He knows what is best and good for me. I don't want a power struggle with Heavenly Father. Especially because what I really want is His way all along. I just get scared when I don't know the end results. That's when I use my faith in Him--and the fear goes away and I feel peace. He knows the end result in every aspect of my life. It's so easy to lose perspective! When I realized this anxiety was pointless and got on my knees and let it all go in prayer, I felt so much better.
Love and Light~