Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hello Again


I know I haven't been talking much. But things are going well. I'm enjoying the summer and plugging along. Its a lot of work no matter what I do. I suppose its just part of who I am....working hard, finding work to do. But raising kids is hard work, even when I do try to relax. Yesterday I had a hard time just relaxing and decided to weed part of the garden. It was awful because I also discovered that nothing was growing in one whole row. I'm not happy about it. I'm thinking that the seeds were pushed in too deep. I thought, "Why do I have a garden? My kids are too little to help out a lot and Wade and I can't even work on it together because of the baby. I'm not having a garden next year. Why ad another task to my plate....blah blah blah." The thoughts were rolling in. I did feel good afterwards. I couldn't help that because working in the dirt just makes you feel good.
I have been struggling lately a little bit with wanting to be upset. Why would a person want to be upset? I have no idea but I told myself to knock it off and be happy about things. Let go about the things I can't control and be grateful. Wow, what a difference that makes. Its like the circumstances didn't change, but my attitude did. I hope I can make it last so I don't have to tell myself to knock it off again......for awhile.
I had a great 10 miler this morning. This time I felt good. I marveled at how bad I felt the last time I ran that far and felt happy that this time I felt good. But now my legs are cramping up and my back is sore from weeding. My half marathon is in two weeks. I'm really excited.
This weekend was fun with the kids. Wade and I often just laugh and watch the kids.
Its a happy busy time.
Love and Light~
My post about honest emotions will be published tomorrow.