Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Running Around

I'm getting ready for my big race on Saturday. The race is said to be extremely down hill. I had Wade drop me off at the top of the subdivision close to my house that is as steep as I can get. I found it difficult to figure out how fast to go. I think I ran too fast at first because I lost steam at the end of my 5 mile run. Wow it really kicked my butt. My shins or calves or something ached me all night.  I'm a little worried now that I've not been training on enough down hills. When I got back from my run my kids were at the curb cheering for me. It was great. My girls begged to go on a run with me. After about 40 minutes of resting I went on a little 1 mile jog with them. It was really fun to run with my 5 and 7 year old. I couldn't believe how well they did. They didn't stop and chattered. I also noticed that they each had a very different running style. While we jogged I envisioned us running together as they grow into adulthood. I think, what a gift to give your child. Teaching them to love exercise and how to take care of their bodies and to do hard things and feel good doing it. Lydia said, "Maybe other kids will see us while we run and want to run with their mommies too."

I have felt really good today and happy. I look around at my house, that I chip away at constantly but never seems to look in order. I'm enjoying my life with my kids and husband. We all had a dental cleaning today and went at the same time. It was crazy! The dentist is such a nice family guy, I think he liked the kids running around!  Andrea told me today that she is going to change her name when she gets older. That makes me a little sad to think she doesn't like her name. I hope that she changes her mind. Its hard because we tried and thought seriously about each of our kids names and we love each one.
The girls room is a big mess. I decided to let them keep it that way and keep all their toys out. I'm glad I did because they are really having a good time. They made beds for themselves on the floor where they have slept the past two nights with their toys set up around them. Its funny how kids don't notice where they sleep. It could be on their bed, on the couch or on the floor and they wouldn't notice a difference!
Love and Light~