Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chevis



I would like to introduce to you the Chevis. It is a 1969 short bed 4 wheel drive Chevy truck. My husband bought it when he was 17 years old. He has done a ton of work on it but still has a lot of work to do to get it show worthy. It's a very sentimental truck because the first date we ever went on was when he took me home from school in the Chevis. After that we drove main on the weekends and he would race people sometimes at the stop lights. We went on every school dance that year together in the Chevis and did lots of fun things. We love it. It used to be his daily driver. After he went on his mission I missed him so bad, without even trying to I would catch myself looking for the Chevis when I would drive down Main street. In the school parking lot the next year I would walk out the door and my eyes would gaze to the back of the parking lot hoping the truck would magically appear in its usual spot from the year before right at the very back corner of the lot. Seeing the truck meant I would see him. It was an awesome sacrifice to get to miss him for two years while he served the Lord. I cried every night for weeks but I was so happy at the same time that he was doing something so good. Now here we are 12 years later living our happily ever after! Anyways, we now use more economical vehicles. I think the Chevis gets about 8 mil/gal. We store it most of the time and pull it out about once a year. I can hear the truck pull up from inside the house. It sounds amazing. It is so fun to ride in. It has a lot of power!. He rebuilt the engine in college.
We almost begged my mother-in-law to please come over last night so that I could go on a little date with my husband in the Chevis. It felt just like old times! It felt like a time warp back to when we first met. We went up main street to a fun little Thai restaurant. Its funny because recently I passed that restaurant I thought to myself and sighed, "I'll never get to try that place out." The food was amazing and hot just the way I like it! We had a ball and talked. My husband doesn't read my blog and I told him about my recent post and the comments on "Raging Emotions." He thought it was great and thinks that its a good idea to share and help each other. He is such a great man! After that we went to Wal-mart...how romantic right? Well I needed to get an arm band for my phone before the race. We also picked up the Rocky movies and the old Karate Kid movies. He was pretty excited about that!
It was a fun time for a full hour in a half!!
Love and Light~