Sunday, August 29, 2010

Just a day


It was a nice day yesterday. Wade and I worked on different things at home. It was windy and crummy outside. We came across free tickets to a magic show. When we got their we realized that it is the exact same one from last year. But Andrea was soo excited and liked that it was the same. She was picked from the audience and the magician loaded her up with tons of balloons he twisted into animals and plants. She probably had at least 12 balloon creations! It was really fun for her. After that we went to Lin's and shopped for our big camping trip coming up next weekend. We are sort of having a family reunion with my parents and siblings. I keep feeling nervous about it. Are we all going to get along? Will there be any bad confrontations? Dad and Wade keep saying that everyone has to give and take and be gracious in order for it to work out. It should be fine and maybe even fun! haha




It was a good day at church. I felt happy and friendly. Some times at church I feel outgoing and friendly other times I feel like I'm just trying to get through the day. I had two people apologize to me for being ornery. It was funny to me because I hadn't noticed! I have times like that though too. When someone comes up to me at church all happy and go lucky when I'm not feeling it....it can be annoying. So I don't blame them, I do it too!


Right after church my VT companion and I had two visiting teaching appointments. I did NOT want to go. I was hungry and tired and I hadn't read the lesson yet that I was supposed to give. I changed my clothes, fed the baby, thumbed through the lesson and grabbed a half peanut butter and honey sandwich as I walked out the door.


But when I went into those ladies homes and we got talking I felt so happy to be there and getting to know these ladies. We left with a prayer in each home and I felt grateful for the visiting teaching program and the things we as women all have in common just by being women.