Monday, August 9, 2010


I thought Bella's two month appointment was this morning and looked on the calender to be sure--4 o'clock? What, am I insane? I can't even blame my pregnant mind. Well that was a relief. I don't want to rush out of the house this morning. I want to blog and so I am.

Since all the excitement from the pregnancy is over I wonder sometimes what to write about. I enjoy the writing.


I was trying to work out my schedule to see my dad this week. But with soccer starting and a dental appointment I don't think I can manage it. Next week Damon turns 2 and school starts. And that means I get to have that special dinner for Andrea starting school. I am amazed that school is starting again.


But what I worry about most is....money. I hate money. Can we please live in consecration! Can life just be simple? I hate worrying about it and the mess we are trying to get out of. I could probably blog all day about it. You know what the most ridiculous thing we spend our money on and that we are forced to spend it on is? Insurance. Wicked people have made this world a complicated place. Life insurance, medical insurance, car insurance, homeowners insurance, business insurance......


My daughters got their ears pierced. Unfortunately for Andrea the lady missed the mark and we had to get one ear redone a few days later. I decided to reward them for riding their bikes. After Andrea pierced hers Lydia wanted them done so bad that she rode her bike two days later!I love that about raising kids, watching them learn knew things and do things for the first time.


I did have a nice afternoon yesterday considering. I got a short nap. We watched part of, The Testaments and I made an apple pie. I love making pies on Sunday. It is easy easy and the crust is always perfect and best of all my husband loves them. We went out to the ranch to water the horses and it was so beautiful.

But the coolest part of all was when we got home. We went out back to check on cherry tomatoes and we started throwing a football to each other. It was slightly windy, and stormy, the thunder was rumbling and the lightning was flashing. We threw that football to each other and said things like:

"Don't we have such a beautiful backyard?

Yea

Aren't we so glad we finished the backyard?

Yea, totally!

Remember what the property used to look like?

Haven't we made it so nice now?

Yea, It is nice!"

The wind started really picking up and the thunder and lightning increased. It was getting really exciting. We started feeling the rain coming. It smelled amazing! And we started yelling and squealing and running into the house. "Come on Damon!" Daddy grabbed him. "Hurry!!"

As soon as we came into the house it down poured! We looked out the front window and said, "Holy Cow! Look at that! And we were almost in it!" And lastly we marveled at our beautiful glob willow that we planted when we first moved in as it hung low from the pouring rain. "Don't we just love our tree? and look how beautiful it is."

I end with that memorable moment and now start my day!