Wednesday, August 11, 2010


Yesterday was a nice day. The kids played really well together. I answered a lot of phones. Is 4-5 a lot? It is when business has been so dead lately. That reminds me I must invoice today.

I spent time with the baby, played on the floor with Damon and Andrea and I had our teeth cleaned. The hygienist who was subbing in was a little rough. I cleaned some things, had the girls pick up. Andrea during the day is mostly hovering around me. That is what it feels like. If she isn't playing with Lydia then Lydia is playing with Damon and Andrea is following me around talking to me. She talks to me endlessly. The big talk lately is about her hair. She wants to cut her hair. She can't stand her hair on her neck and is very hot blooded. She sleeps naked every night and always wants her hair up and away from her skin. So I watched some YouTube videos about how to cut a bob. Andrea knows just how she wants her hair. Short in the back and longer in the front. Well okay then. But after watching the videos I confirmed to myself that I cannot do this. Too complicated! So I tell Wade, "I looked into it and I cannot do it. Sorry!" I made an appointment to have my favorite hair dresser do it. I think I can cut her hair after that once the lines are already there. Wade is always wanting me to do things myself. He has such confidence in me! "Can't you just do it?"

When Wade got home I had dinner ready. We ate and they loved the strogenof. Then I was off to Andrea's first soccer practice by myself with all the kids and Wade was off to the ranch to work. The practice was awesome. I'm so happy about her coach.

When we got home it was bedtime. Lydia said before we prayed, "I miss daddy, he is working too much at night." just now Lydia woke up and came over to me by the computer and said, "I never see daddy in the night. Why does he work so much in the night? I miss him." That makes me feel sad. Our schedule sure has changed a lot.

When Wade did come home he was so tired. I felt like having a long talk about whatever, but I knew he wasn't up for it.


My mom has been popping in every day.

"So have you talked to anybody?"

"no"

"oh"

The next day.

"Have you talked to anybody? Cheryl call?"

"no"

"oh, just wondering."

I feel bad that I'm the only one around. She needs more then just little ol me.


I had a great teaching moment with Lydia about lieing and telling the truth.

"Did you do it? Somebody filled this up with water. Was it you?"

"no, I didn't. Well, Damon didn't and Andrea didn't....and........."

"did you do it?"

".......uhm.....uhm......"

"Lydia look at me. You wont get in trouble. I just need to know what is in here. Did you do it?"

"....uhm....no"

"Well somebody did it. And your both going into the corner until whoever did it tell me they did."

Andrea is insisting that she didn't do it all along.

A few minutes pass.

"Lydia? did you do it?"

"...uhm.....no."

"Lydia you wont get in trouble, if you did. Did you do it?"

"..nnnn....nn...nooo."

Two more minutes pass while they are in the corners.

"Lydia did you do it?"

She looks at me with a pained look on her face. She starts nodding her head yes, "uh huh."

Then came a long conversation about lieing, and telling the truth, and being honest, and about what Jesus wants us to do.

Afterwards I felt so good that I am home with my children and can focus on them and teach them. Who better to do that than me?