Thursday, June 10, 2010

Almost

I felt different all day. No I wasn't in full labor. But I was having contractions and cramping all throughout the day. Walking seemed harder, like there was more pressure in my pelvis. I kept calling Wade to make sure I could get a hold of him. He was in St. George all day and because I was feeling so different all day I was scared. "If my water broke right now---he wouldn't make it." So when he got home we got ready to go to the hospital. My mom was bouncing off the rafters, stressing me out. There was a lot of excitment in the air. Wade's mom came over. Wade was a little uncomfortable with it and said he wanted to give me a blessing at the hospital away from every one. But I really wanted my children involved and them to see him give me a blessing. So we locked ourselves in our bedroom. It was so nice. I felt a lot of peace.
The kids were crying like crazy as we said goodbye. Usually we would leave in the middle of the night and their isn't all this drama going on. I wasn't sure that we should go to the hospital yet but we needed to just get out of the house.

When we got to the hospital I said, "I'm ready to have my baby." The nurses always look at you like, oh sure you are. Thinking that I'm probably not even a 2 cm. When we got in the room the nurse asked me, "how many preganancies have you had?" I immediatly liked her after that. Now she wont treat me like I don't know anything. I don't know why I hadn't seen her before. I told her I'm probably dilated to a 7. Which I was. They couldn't believe I was at a 7 and not screaming. Its pretty cool. Well long story short we ended up going home. The reason being so I could get a good nights sleep and come in first thing in the morning. I think that will be great. My nurse midwife will break my water this morning and enjoy the rest of the day with our baby. Otherwise I would have been wanting to be with my baby and try to get sleep all night. I have claimed that I never wanted my water broken ever again. But I can't risk Wade missing my delivery. I'm past 38 weeks and 7 cm with 90% thinned--lets get this baby here! I'm so excited and nervouse!! --and that was a big contraction........