Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Hello Again

That reminds me. I used to write Hello like this, Hellow. My good friend Carolyn always laughed and corrected me about it.

Finally I am in the second week post surgery. Its been a slow recovery and I'm finally feeling more myself. My day goes better when I take Ibuprofen. The pain went from a lot of pressure like I can't breathe to soreness around the incision. I'm trying to be good and not over do it. If I stretch my arms to reach for things or stretch backwards it hurts. I try not to do that. They sit really high. I guess it will take months until they are positioned in their normal place. I have to wear this sports bra thing that bugs me. It clips in the front and I usually have some of them undone because its too tight around the bottom where my incision is. So If I go without it in the night I wake up feeling like I need to put it back on. When I wear it all day I can't wait to take it off. I never needed much support before. So this must be a normal thing. You like to take the bra off because its more comfortable but then you need to put it back on after awhile for the extra support.

I'm very happy about having breasts again. Its very well worth it. I'm feeling like I look more proportioned. We'll see how the rest of recovery goes.

November 8th.
I had my two week post surgery check up yesterday. It went really well. Everything is going perfectly. The strange thing is that it is extremely hard to shave my arm pits now. The muscle in the inside of the arm pit is now stretched tighter causing a big pit in the arm pit. I didn't mention it at my apt. but the at the end the doctor pulled a card out of his pocket giving me a free complimentary axillary hair removal session. WooHoo!! I go back in four weeks for another check up. It was a snowy day yesterday but still managed to make it to the apt. I had a nice friend come with me. We had lunch and ran a few errands. One of them was to Dillard's to get fitted for a real bra. I haven't had any idea what cup size I am. It was a great experience and everyone should do it. Apparently everyone wears one to two cup sizes too small....
I am feeling so happy about my surgery. I will be even happier when I'm not sore anymore.

Enough of all that....

I had a birthday. I'm so bad lately at being consistent with this blog. There are so many things to talk about lately. It was a great day! I have turned 29. I feel completely content at 29. I don't feel like I should be older or younger. I am happy to be nearing 30 and feel like I have more confidence in my adult life now that a decade has past since high school. Got a little experience behind me. yay!
Its a very happy time!

My sister came down for the weekend for my birthday. It was great to have her stay with us. We mostly just hung out and let the kids play. We went out to eat a couple times and ventured to the store....by ourselves! 

It was a nice birthday with lots of friends and family wishing me a happy birthday. My Aunt Kathy Step Mom painted me a picture:


Last year I asked her to paint me a picture representing my motherhood. I felt really unworthy to ask for a painting. "Who am I to ask for a painting?" But I thought why not ask anyways. I'm so grateful that she did! I can't wait to see it in person. This is such a sacred time in my life with my little ones. I never want to forget it and capture the feelings of this special time. I think the painting is a great likeness of me! I am thrilled!
Love and Light~