Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ready Set Go!

Yesterday I cleaned the house. I mopped the floors, vacuumed, scrubbed toilets and tubs. Its like I'm nesting or something. I want the house just right to come home to from my little surgery tomorrow. The day before I did mountains of laundry. The day before that I made these amazing bread bowls and creamy broccoli potato soup. Well the bread bowls weren't the best I ever had but they were still good. It was fun to make and my first time making them. I just used my normal french bread recipe and made big rolls out of it. As I was making the rolls I all the sudden got this amazing feeling of happiness. I felt such fulfillment making dinner for my family. I also realized, "yes I do love to cook!" Problem is I get burned out and it turns into just a lot of work. Cooking to me is not hard but it does take time. Some days I cook. Some days I don't. Last night we had a crappy dinner of frozen pizza and tator tots. I hate that kind of food. No one else cared. I opened a can of green beans for Bella.

I'm feeling a bit anxious today and finally getting excited. I did a bunch of errands with all the kids since there is no school today. At 8 this morning I realized that I had visiting teaching appointments at 9. I quickly shampooed the girls room--badly needed and thought about canceling my apts since I didn't want to take all the kids. I remembered too that it was my turn to give the lesson and thought about the amazing Ensign this month on the Book of Mormon-- my favorite book. I read the lesson out of the Ensign and was soo happy that it was about the People of Ammon, which Wade and I had just finished reading about, and how they kept their covenants. The whole point of the message was to be covenant keepers. I love that! I love my covenants! I feel a lot of conviction to keep my covenants no matter what. It feels good to gather our strength together as women when we do our visiting teaching.
I took the kids to get some lunch at Wendy's and came back to the house to have a picnic in our backyard. I'm wanting to have a great day with them since they will be at grandma's for two nights. I'm pretty worried about it for Damon and Bella. I'm such a protective mother. I hate to have them away from me for longer then a couple hours. My girls don't know anything about whats going on. I don't need them worrying about me. I'm hoping to just tell them that the doctor helped me get my breasts back and that's it. I know they will be surprised to see me. It will be so obvious. After I stopped breast feeding Bella last spring Lydia said. "Mommy what happened to your....your....(she points) why are they so smaller?" ---yes it was lovely!

Tonight will be just the two of us for my last night of flatness! haha....aaahhhh!
I really can't believe its finally happening. I'm scared!

Now I'm going to hang out with my girls while my babes are sleeping until I take them to Grandma's.
Love and Light~