Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pine nuts and poop

I now know why pine nuts are so expensive. We went on Saturday hunting for pine nuts. We drove and drove and drove. We searched and searched and searched. The pine trees that had a bunch of pine cones at the base of the tree usually had a bunch of pine nuts. You couldn't scoop them up. They had to be picked one by one. You also had to pay attention to the color. All the kids did pretty good. Damon and Bella were a handful but we had our red wagon and toted them around with us from tree to tree. Lydia decided to fill her bucket full of miniature baby pine cones. Andrea helped out a lot picking the pine nuts. After 5 hours of picking we finally had 1/3 of a 5 gallon bucket bucket filled. That's less then half. WoW! We had a great time. At one point Damon was screaming for some reason and all the sudden a bunch of coyotes started howling. It was awesome. The pine nuts are so yummy and over all it was a great experience.

I don't understand why I have to tell you a hundred times to stop putting your poopy toilet paper in the garbage. Why is that such a desirable thing to do? Toilet paper goes in the toilet!!!
Speaking of poop. There is poop in my tub right now. I need to disinfect and clean it up. I was in a hurry this morning and couldn't get it cleaned up before I had to leave. When I saw that Bella had pooped in her bath I hung my head. "NOOO! Why?"--I thought to myself.  She on the other hand was all smiles. I scooped her up and ran to the other bathroom to soap her down.
I haven't decided what to do with the bath toys yet.

It is a beautiful day. I decided not to do any bottling this year. Its too much for me. I have a bunch of tomatoes before my plants all froze. I'm going to make salsa again. Why not? We all love it.
I bought these white chocolate candy corn flavored m&m's. They are soo good!

I have now written two posts about my flattness that I haven't published. I'm such a chicken. Those of you with any breasts at all consider yourself blessed.  I wonder if any of you struggle with the same thing and would like to read my posts. Let me know.

Love and Light~