Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It was a beautiful day on Saturday. Wade had a lot of work to do but that afternoon we went on a walk up the canyon trail. The girls rode their bikes. They hadn't ridden their bikes since early fall and they were a little nervous at first. Lydia is still getting used to using her breaks.
To make a long story short....Lydia had a crash. She was going down a little hill under a bridge and got out of control. I was sprinting after her but it was too late when her face slide across the cement. On the bright side it was smooth cement instead of the rough black top. I scooped her up into my arms and she cried and cried. I almost cried myself. She said through her crying, "What happened to my face? Is it bleeding?" Luckily she got only burn like scrapes but no bleeding. Her eye was puffy for 3 days. Today it finally looks better. I have felt so bad. I actually thought to myself while I was holding Lydia after the crash, "Did I create this experience? Was I overconfident in her and not being careful enough?" Sunday while getting ready for church she asked us if she was still beautiful. Poor thing!--and yes she is still very beautiful! Even in the car going to church she turned to Andrea and asked her, "Am I still pretty Andrea?" And Andrea said that she was.
Food
I can't even remember what we had for dinner on the weekend. Just left overs and Wade made this Ramon concoction the kids love. Yesterday I had so much work to do for the end of the month that Wade suggested getting pizza. I was very happy about that. Today I am making a casserole of chicken, rice and broccoli. I pulled out some Rhodes rolls to make it easier. I am thinking about how to coordinate what days are more time consuming meals with what cleaning I need to get done and other things I need to accomplish. It got cold again and I haven't ran for a few days. I don't want to lose any progress and so I'm thinking that I might try to fit a run in when the sun is shinning--if my mom stops by.
Last night I went to a missionary discussion with my niece Makenze. It went really well. The lesson was on the ten commandments. They taught a neat way of remembering the commandments with a sign language thing. It was cool. Her dad is wanting to baptize her and I think it is all wonderful. It has been great to be a part of it.
The things we are still doing that help me so much is reading the scriptures in the morning and I still try to read from that book, "Remembering Wholeness" every day. All of these little things keep my perspective in check.
I'm happy where I am.
I'm happy with my family and my home.
I love my life and feel satisfied and peace.
I look forward to the great things that are coming my way and am grateful for my future new home. I am grateful for the powers of heaven that help me in the details of my life.
Love and Light