Monday, February 7, 2011

Sunday Singe

I didn't cry.
I was horrified and shocked as big clumps of hair came out of my head.
Did I create this experience to go along with my belief that Sunday mornings are hard? Because singeing hair would definetly make it to the list of having a hard time.
I was curling my hair. Half of it was done. I grabed a chunk of hair right in the front on the top corner-if heads had a corner this would be it- and I put the curling iron two inches under my roots when a bunch of smoke came from my hair. Immedietly I took the curling iron off and saw my shrivled up hair. The hair was singed a light tan color. I stand their stunned. I call for Wade to come see. I just stand their not moving, looking in the mirror. He comes in and I say, "look my curling iron, something happened....my hair!" He takes the curling iron and looks at it and we see that it is about explode into flames as the top plastic piece is melting and smoldering. "I knew we needed to get you a quality curling iron after the first time it broke," he said. Previousley my curling iron was falling apart when we were at my dads house and he fixed it by using some bailing wire. My dads favorite remedy for mending things.
I tentativly raise my fingers to my hair and touch it. The hairs crumble to the counter. I continue touching it as long strands with singed ends detach into my fingers. Each time I touch my hair more and more strands of hair fall to the counter. I look at the counter at all my hair. "my hair. my hair. my hair." I don't cry. But I feel shocked. "My Hair!!!"
It would have been worse if it was right where I part my hair. Instead it is a little to the right of where my hair parts. But its the second worse spot it could be because that is where I pin my hair up. And its at the corner-if heads had a corner-where more delicate hair grows. I just feel sad that it happened. I know that it will grow back and without writing this experience down I'll probably forget it as the years go by. But for now I will have to hid those singed hairs and figure new ways to do it.
Love and Light