Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Lovely Valentine's

These are my lovely Valentine's this year. I have been making Valentin'es like this for my husband since 1999. It is a lot of fun and sometimes overwhelming. Be careful at what traditions you start!

This is my new (used) piano! In December I was dreaming about getting a piano and thinking about it during the night when Bella would wake up. I always wanted a piano and new I would get one but never thought of it as an option in my little house. Suddenly it became very important to get a piano because my children are growing--no matter what type of house I live in. Whats amazing is when the piano was in my house I felt really excitied and I felt like it completed the family. I always had a piano in my home growing up and it just seemed like something was missing in my home. I actually do not read music. I play a bunch of fun duets and things from memory. I would like to take lessons someday.
My mom is VERY happy we have a piano. She actually found this piano for us and told us about it. She came over on Sunday for dinner and the two of us played the piano for awhile. In fact my husband had to finally ask us to stop playing so we could do somthing else!
This is my thought from the weekend:
I'm trying not to care about what you think or what you do. It really is none of my business. What you do, think, say is your business and has nothing to do with me. What I choose to do with my family has nothing to do with you. My husband and I are stewards over the people living in our home. You are the stewards over your home. There is no cross overs in our stewardships. That doesn't mean that there isn't love and respect between us. What we do is our business, what you do is your business. Lets keep that straight. Lets not get mad about eachothers business. Lets not care about our differences or commonalities. Let us only notice and observe and keep quiet. Be yourself for you and I'll be myself for me. You are in your journey and I am in my journey. Let us be and let be.




Wade and I picked out our own Ben and Jerry's ice creams. It was fun to pick out something with nuts. So I chose Chunky Monkey. It had banana ice cream with fudge chunks and walnuts. I love love walnuts. It reminds me of my childhood. There was always walnuts in the house. I never ate ice cream without walnuts. What I didn't know was that some of the time they were rancid. I aquired a taste for rancid walnuts. It gives it a extra bitter taste. yum yum! Funny isn't it. The only reason I knew they were rancid was because of my friend Carolyn. Together we would eat rancid walnuts in our ice cream. I think my favorite was vanila icecream milk shake with oreos and walnuts. Finally one day she said no to the walnuts. She told me that every time she ate walnuts at my house her mouth broke out in cankers. This was quiet the discovery. I don't know if I built some kind of immunity to rancid walnuts or what! I never had a problem. It turned out to be a big joke between us. What reminded me of all this is waking up this morning with a big canker on the inside of my bottom lip! I geuss I haven't eaten any walnuts in a long time and my mouth didn't agree.
Love and Light~