Friday, October 1, 2010

Child's Prayer

Andrea and Lydia with Nana and Grandpa. Their first time seeing Lydia.
I feel a little heart ache over my step-mom. Lydia came into our room early this morning and said in a wimper:

Lydia "I said a prayer by myself."



"you did? what was it about?"



Lydia"I prayed for Nana, I really miss her."

"She was such a good Nana. I'm reall sad that she died."



"She really loved you too. She was always happy to see you and talk to you."



Lydia "She did?"



"yes!"



Lydia "It was so sad when Nana couldn't talk, she couldn't eat, she couldn't sleep."



"yes it was, very sad."



It made me really think about Mardi and the terrible way she died and how young she was.



Today is a buisy day. The first day of October. I hope to eat lunch with Andrea today. We may go to St. George this afternoon as a family. If my mother-in-law is feeling up to it she may come with us and Wade and I go to the temple. That would be so refreshing! It would be great to go to the temple before conference. I am happy to be home this weekend and watch conference as a family. I love listening to the prophet and apostles. They speak with such love and power. I always feel inspired.