Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Worrier Conquers Bike













The battle wound after conquering the bike. Handle bar in the eye. These pictures are a few days after it happened.
When I watched her ride it for the first time by herself...it felt like a miracle. There she goes...finally! My worrier did it!

Last week I decided we are going to conquer this bike thing! So when the daddy came home and the baby was asleep I packed up the girls in the truck and drove to the church parking lot. There were a bunch of kids from our ward there riding their bikes. They became the cheerleaders, coaches and fan members. They were cheering her on and giving us pointers. The oldest kid gave us a great idea. He said that his dad taught them to ride a bike by getting a belt and putting it around the arm pits and holding up the slack in the back as they rode. I whipped off my belt and tried it. It was amazing. Soon after that she was riding all by herself. I was so happy and she loves it.






This is my speedy Lydie Bug.


She had a lot of fun riding around the church, stopping at water puddles for awhile, stepping in the water and back on her big wheel again.












We all went out again so Daddy could see the bike riding action.

Little D.W. had a lot of fun too!





I just feel so proud that she was able to ride her bike on her own. She got hurt a few times but we talked about how those are just battle wounds from having fun. And that, it is cool to have battle wounds because it means you had fun. I want to thank those kids for being there because it helped her a lot to be brave and have confidence.