Tuesday, July 21, 2009

my favorite place to camp!

This is the last picture my camera took before it died.
The camping couch

I couldn't get these pictures to go in the order I wanted.

This is at the end of the hike at Calf Creek:

a beautiful water fall and a refreshing cool pool of water.

These are our friends who came camping with us!
Jace and Amy and their two little ones.
(I couldn't get this picture up right!)




The two little ones!

Our girls were great hikers! Andrea hiked 6 miles without complaining!
We've trained her well!!
The trail was hot and sandy.
Lydie did good too! I had to hold her on my back a lot. She is only 3!



D.W. loved playing in the water and the sand!







A better view of the falls.
This is about when Lyddie threw sand onto the camera leading to its demise.
What will I do without you???






Getting ready for the hike


Our faithful back pack
Lydie in the camp ground

Happy family!

The stream had this amazing flat slab of rock at the bottom. Easy to walk on.
Calf Creek:
is the most amazing camp ground I have ever been. I love it! Located between Escalante and Boulder in South Central Utah, it is part of the Grand Staircase Escalante Monument. It is tucked away in the middle of a red rock canyon. An oasis in the middle of a desolate land of amazing rock formations and landscapes. The camp ground has 14 camp sites. It has the calf creek running straight through it and is so fun to play in. At the camp is the trail head to this amazing hike where at the end is the water fall. On the hike you can see an old Indian granery on the wall of the canyon and hyrogliphics. Each site has a lot of privacy. Too bad my camera was ruined because I could have taken more great pics!
I'm feeling much better today. I started the day off good with reading with my hubby and prayer. Listened to good music and had a good time with my children. Yesterday was the day we came home camping and the chaos began. Camping is a lot of work --but well worth it!