Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tuesday Journal Thoughts

We moved out family night to Tuesdays. Last night we had dinner of Chicken just cooked on with light olive oil/seasoning salt and lemon pepper, baked potatoe, steamed brocoli, and banana pudding/whip topping/nilla waffers. My husband especially loved it. Some times its the simple meat/potato/vegetable dinners my husband likes the best. I find that cooking that type is tricky because I can't prepare ahead and several things have to be warm and ready at the same time. Tonight I had left overs scheduled. There really isn't much for left overs so I might do breakfast burritos.

After dinner I went ahead and did the dishes while Wade read his lesson. I didn't feel up to policing the kids to help out this time. His lesson was on prayer. He asked if I could play the hymn Sweet Hour of Prayer. It just so happens to be the one hymn I memorized as a child because it has no sharps or flats. I don't have a large hymn book yet and so I pounded it out by memory. The strange thing was I could only play it if I went fast. If I slowed down I forgot what came next. I think its all muscle memory.

We had a lesson on prayer. It was really good. We also watched a movie clip that goes with the Family Home Evening manual. We had a good discussion. Prayer is an interesting thing to get asked about. Wade asked me how some of my prayers have been answered. When I get asked something like that on the spot my mind goes blank. uh uh uh......
But after I think about it for a minute all sorts of great memories and examples come about how prayer has blessed my life. Lately I've been thinking about writing down more of my personal revelation so that I don't forget it. I really enjoy discussing the basic principles of the gospel with my children. As an adult and having countless lessons and study on the basic stuff I can sometimes make the mistake of thinking I know what I need. When I can always learn more. Plus our minds easily forget things!

Wade and I have been reading for what seems to be the longest time in Alma. We are about to finish the book. Captain Moroni was so fearless and convicted to do what is right and speak what is right. We just read his letter to Pahoran the chief judge and how he told him that if he didn't bring reinforcements and food to his armies who were suffering and wounded from protecting them that he would come to Zarahemla and kill him. wow! Little does he know at that time that Pahoran has his own problems being forced out of the city by the king-men. Its a little sad to me that Captain Moroni lived his whole life fighting war after war with face to face combat.--and sometimes I think my trials are tough???   The Book of Mormon is one of the most exciting books I've ever read. It beats any vampire or futuristic society books by far! I'm surprised it hasn't made it on the New York Times Best Seller list!
We are definitely in a different kind of war. But it is still a raging war of right and wrong and immorality. Some people I know are really fighting for their lives.
Besides feeling sorrow for the ones I know who are really struggling I myself feel so much peace in my life. That place deep inside of me feels peace, comfort, and love from my Heavenly Father. Those feelings make every sacrifice I make well worth it. In fact, its worth every thing to me.
Love and Light~