Monday, February 13, 2012

Life Thoughts~

As I write I can smell Pine Sol. As I mopped I thought of the black Pine Sol commercial lady. She talked with a lisp. I miss seeing her commercials. "Whats in your bathroom and kitchen? A bunch of  dirt, germs and nasty smells."
I am grateful today for the couple of quiet hours I have had this afternoon as my babies are napping. I cleaned my floor and tightened up the kitchen. I cleaned the top of my stove. Every time I clean my stove top I think of my sister Lori when she came for Christmas one year. She cleaned my stove top and asked why it had gotten so dirty. Since then I've tried to clean it more regularly. Sometimes you just don't notice things like that especially when you are using it all the time. "Oh my stove top is filthy. I should clean it." hhmmm...
As I mopped I thought a lot about this life. I finished mopping and decided to kneel by my bed and pray. What a great opportunity to pray since my babies haven't woken yet. I was very excited to use this quiet time. I talked to Him like I would a dear friend about my thoughts.....
I thought a lot about people I know and their struggles. Here we are struggling for our salvation...alone. But we shouldn't be doing it alone. No one is ever alone anyways. But we also have people all around us and yet we are struggling alone. That is very silly. We must share and reach out to each other. Help one another. Lets not be scared. We don't want to be judged and we don't share. Yuck yuck yuck.
When we share it gives other people the permission to share. The thing is we are all the same down deep. I love that I know this.

This life is only a moment in our existence. The real living is in the next life. The scary thing is that what we do in this small amount of time on the earth determines our circumstances in the life to come. But if we put it into perspective its comforting to know that our trials are temporary and for our good so we can grow. Our mistakes are important for our growth. We came here to make mistakes. It was the only way for us to learn. We are hear to learn how to choose good over evil. That's what it means to 'work out our own salvation.' The important thing is to learn from our mistakes, repent from our sins and continue on doing our best in keeping the commandments. Well I've been thinking about how important knowing how short this life is. Sometimes I think of the sacrifices I make being a member of this church and choosing the calling of wife and mother. There really is no sacrifice too great. I am blessed so much for it. I have so much peace and joy with my family. I feel the spirit. To me there isn't much better than that. Jesus Christ gave the greatest sacrifice of all for me. When I think about that, I know I can accomplish what I am asked to do. So once in a while I get tempted and feel sad for a moment that I'm not out traveling the world or something. But then immediately I think another thought that I will be able to do that and so much more. Some of it hopefully in this life but if not, in the life to come. Its awesome knowing that! When we do what is right we are building great eternal rewards!! Yay!!

Tomorrow is love day. I hope to have a smile all day and share unconditional love to all I can.
Love & Light~