Monday, January 24, 2011

Simple Things

My sweet niece Makenze


I'm having a lot of fun with my new meal plan and new meals. I felt so great after making French bread for the first time. It was easy and delicious! I made Bruscheta with the bread which is a garlic bread with olive oil, tomatoes, parmesan and basil. It was so tasty with my creamy basil tomato soup! I had some bread left over and it has been a few days and I made the kids and I French Toast for lunch today. I think it was the best French Toast I've ever had! I have to rejoice in these simple things I do. Today I am making a chicken pot pie for the first time too. It is an easy recipe~ most of these recipes are so user friendly from the cookbook "The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner." Every woman needs one!

Yesterday was such a hard time getting ready for church. I felt tears about to spill out the hour before church started. It is so much work right now with all my children. Cutting Wade and Damon's hair earlier that morning didn't help the chaos. I normally don't cut hair on Sunday but yesterday I did. When we arrived at church I forgot that it was ward conference. What a treat! I love it when the stake comes to our ward. Everything is prepared extra special and I felt the spirit. I'm always happy to feel the spirit and look forward to it. Andrea gave her first talk in Primary. The other thing that added to my morning yesterday. Preparing for the talk with Andrea was no simple task. My girl is very emotional! We found great help with the "Friend" magazine. When Wade came home from feeding the horses that morning and saw Andrea and I preparing the talk he asked if we had prayed beforehand. I felt bad that we hadn't and we were on the verge of Andrea having a melt down. Frustrations were in the air. Thankfully Wade offered the prayer. It helped a lot--for the both of us! Wade and I both came into primary to hear her give her talk. She did a great job! I felt so proud of my sweetheart!

Speaking of Sweethearts I heard my girls in the back of the car the other day and I heard Lydia very loudly talking to Andrea.


"I love it so much when Mommy calls me sweetheart!"


"When Mommy calls me sweetheart I love it!"

When I heard that it made me feel sooo good and of course I didn't realize that when I called her a sweetheart that she loved it so much and made her feel good. She still tells me that I am her favorite people at least once a day. I hope that she always thinks of me as her favorite people. I love my kids so much and want them to feel safe, peace and loved in our home.

I hate it when I show my frustrations with my children. I wish I could magically change myself. But it takes a lot of work and awareness...I really hope to never lose patience and I hope to achieve that in this life. One step at a time and one prayer at a time!

After church yesterday and making a quick taco salad for everyone I rushed to my niece Makenze's house and helped her do her hair and make-up before we went to her first New Beginnings. She will be turning 12 this coming August. I was so excited to go to New Beginnings with her. She was shy but looked excited to be there. The people were very friendly and welcoming. My mom and aunt showed up too. I sat next to her and had my arm around her most of the time. I feel so much love and care for my niece. As I enjoyed the program I remembered when I was in Young Womens and the faith and testimony that was strengthened there. I want every woman to feel that they are daughters of God and to have a desire to be true, chaste, benevolent, honest, virtuous, having integrity and doing good to others and value themselves as beautiful, important, worthwhile etc.... I especially want my nieces and daughters to feel and know that for themselves. A virtuous woman is priceless.


We came back to my house and we skyped her mother. It was very good. I felt emotional taking Mak home and I missed her mother and wished she could have come with us to New Beginnings.
Love and Light