Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Another day trying to figure this life out. Are we all ready for another post from this deep thinker? I suppose I am ready to post.
The affirmations I'm doing are going well. After taping them to the shower it has helped me be consistent in saying them. And then....I had a set back in my thinking. I felt myself twirl down into those discouraging thoughts. I felt like the affirmations were stupid--because I was doubting. I hate that! Why can't I be perfect? Why can't I trust and have faith every second? I let the emotions in for a couple of days and felt like I was having a harder time with the children and not being my best self. But I kept saying to myself that everything is okay and my future is so bright and wonderful and kept saying those affirmations. I needed to keep thinking of all my blessings. But when I'm in a discouraging mood its like torture giving up my pride and saying, oh fine I'll start thinking of what I'm grateful for. Its starts really slow ie... "well I do have a house; not a big one but I do have one....." And when I do that I realize how wonderful my life is now. And I'm trying to keep that feeling but its hard to do. I've been feeling fed up with myself wanting to be stronger and more grateful. One of the best things to help me do that is to exercise. The weather is so warm lately. I said yesterday, "I am going running in the morning." I got all of my stuff out and set my alarm and felt good about my good intentions. When morning came I did NOT want to get up. Why is it so hard to follow through on goals like that? I made myself get up. I am soo glad I did. I can feel stress melting away with every step of my run. Combine that with the affirmations and its a great recipe for happiness!

I have been rescued by the food nanny. I purchased her cook book after seeing her on byutv. I now plan dinner two weeks in advance. I shop at the store once. Every day I wake up and don't have to lament over what I'm making for dinner. It is all planned out and I don't have to worry and stress over it. It really is life changing for me. In her book she talks about making a theme for dinner on different days of the week. Monday is comfort food, Tuesday is Italian night, Wednesday is fish/meatless, Thursday is Mexican night, Friday is Pizza, Saturday is Grill night and Sunday is Family Tradition night. I am realizing that I can actually have a couple of days for leftovers. I might even make Sunday a left over night for now because it seems to be my hardest day of the week. So I am working on how to tweak the food nanny's idea for my family.
After finding this great new way I feel relieved! Last night I made her 3 bean chili with cinnamon rolls. It turned out really well and it is easy recipe's. I liked the cinnamon roll recipe because it wasn't a monster batch. It was just one pan of rolls and it made making them very easy and manageable.

Wondering why I haven't posted the potty training? After trying for a few days I realized....He is NOT ready. As much as Wade and I wish he was ready he simply is not. How do I know? 3 days of trying and no success. Diapers back on and I will try again when he is closer to 3 years. I think it is harder to potty train a child the more children you have because my attention is stretched between each child. I cant watch him every second looking for signs of when he needs to go potty. Plus he won't talk. I have to be able to communicate with him better. I thought we could get by because he understands what I say but he doesn't communicate back well enough. One time I asked a pediatrician about when to potty train and he said, "As long as they are potty trained before they get married." The point being, its not a big deal on the timing. But I'm pretty sure the kindergarten teachers won't change your kids diaper. ;)