Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hypochondriac


The hypochondriac is worse today.






All day it has been about her tummy ache, eye worries, ear worries. She asks me the same questions over and over. My mom came over today after coming back from a ward preparedness meeting and dove into talking about the pandemic. My mom mentioned something about how the virus travels by droplets and how it can travel through the eyes. Unfortunately my hypochondriacs little ears were listening. She was standing close by me and almost in tears. "What is she saying about the eyes?" she asks trying to hold back the tears.






Earlier that day she was asking me if she could go blind. I asked her, "Who do we know that is blind?" She said no one except Mary on the Little House on the Praire. I told her that Mary went blind after getting the scarlet fever and that we do not get scarlet fever anymore. She says, "So its imposible to go blind now?" And for all intents and purposes I said, yes! She said she was glad not to worry about that anymore.






I stopped our adult conversation of the Pandemic and calmed the situation down. The rest of the day she is talking about when to wash her hands. I told her that only mommy worries about the germs and tells you when to wash your hands. Mostly when we come home from the store and after you go potty. The last thing I need is for her to be washing her hands all day because she is afraid of germs.



The other day she was worried because a cousin of hers coughed on her. Thus the big conversation about Immune Systems! Our bodies know how to fight most of the germs.



We can no longer talk about anything that could worry her little mind. Save it for when the kids are in bed. Evan at bedtime again the questions the worried looks. IT kills me. Why is she so worried? She shouldn't have a care in the world!




7/2/09


Catch up




We wen't to Vegas and had my Dad look in all of the holes in her head and talked to her about how she is healthy and nothing is wrong. It helped a little. It is hard to think now about what has happened since I can hardly get any time on the computer to do updates. She worries about me dying, her dying, the house burning down...


Little Jimmy lost a tooth when we saw him this week in Salt Lake. She asked non stop about when she will lose teeth and is it possible to swallow the tooth. My mother in law came over and said I went blind for about two weeks.....yada yada yada. I looked around..luckily my little ones ears missed that. I had to tell my mother in law all about the trouble we have been having and to watch what she says.


We left the temple this week after a wedding and my mom says in the car as we drive away, "I hope that the bride eats something so she doesn't faint latter on." My little one is on top of that one. "what does faint mean?" "Why do you have to eat food or you could faint?" "Could I faint if I take to long to eat?" I was not happy. Stop the insanity! It takes so much of my energy everyday answering her questions and calming her every hour!