Saturday, June 13, 2009

Wind, do you have to blow every day?

Summer, when will I see your shinning face?



My poor sweet 5 year old princess is having a very hard time. It is now a problem that we can't ignore or downplay. I don't know how to explain it. It seems like she is almost a hypocondriac and huge worrier. She is constantly asking me about something on her body. "Will you die if you can't see? I can't hear out of my ear and now I'm worrying about it." We cleaned it out and still..."Can you die if you can't hear?" "It is hard to swallow and I'm worried that I could die from it. What will happen if I can't swallow? Is that owie gone on my back? Will the sugar bugs eat holes in my teeth? I think I should brush them right now because I'm worried about it. What room is Mommy in? Where did mommy go? Where is Lydia? I'm afraid that other baby will hurt Damon. What if I can't find you? What will you be doing when I'm in bed?" We went to the park today and she wouldn't run off and play like her 3 year old sister. She started crying when I insisted that she play. She wen't to a birthday party where they had a whole bunch of blow up bouncing things for kids to play on. She wouldn't play because she was so worried about her sister getting hurt.

It came to me last night that maybe it is all stemming from her favorite show. Little House on the Prairie. A lot of unfortunate things happen to the people on the show. I am a worrier about some things but not anywhere near what she does. I don't worry about getting hurt and I call scrapes and bruises battle wounds from playing...its a good thing because it means we are having fun. It is a daily struggle. I can't wait for soccer and kindergarten to start....i'm sure it will make a difference!



I also have been thinking alot about people. What people say about things, how they judge situations, people, and what their opinions are, and then watch their actions in the future. How people can say something is right or something is wrong. One person may say something is so wrong yet they may do that same thing but change the wording of the situation to convice themselves it is not the same and justify what they do because it benifits them in some way.