Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day to Day

June 1, 2009
What is on the agenda for today? Laundry Laundry Laundry. It is easier for me to do it all in one day because my house is so small. Get it done and put away. I had a bad morning because my baby was up half of the night. It was hard because he usually sleeps all through the night. I think he must be teething. He is such a joy to me. I just stopped nursing him last week. He is 91/2 months old. I cried the day I stopped. I wanted to stop but I felt sad to end that special time. They grow so fast. Nursing is convenient yet inconvenient!

Last night before the kids went to bed we went in our back yard, where we recently put grass, laid a blanket down and hung out. We played tag on the grass with the kids. It was a good family moment. I love to watch our garden grow. I catch myself looking out my bedroom window to see the growing progress. It is going to be beautiful this season.

June 8, 2009
Today is the first day I feel a little easier to breath around here. We finally put grass in the backyard and cleared the side door in the garage so the girls can go outside in the backyard completely fenced in and safe and I can stay inside and watch them come in and out and not worry. It is an amazing feeling. Let them go out and scream and laugh and run run run. And give me a little wiggle room. aaahhhh.
My sweet son is now crawling and getting himself back into a sitting position from his belly. He also started clapping his hands. What a happy baby. What joy he brings to me. Today I went on a special errand to Wal-Mart just to by him food. I spent $50. One of the inconveniences of not nursing. But I only have til August to buy the formula.
My good husband and I have been reading articles in the Conference Ensign every morning. I really like that. It feels so relevant. Scripture written in our days. We read the BOM, D&C, Pearl of Great Price. It is a necessity for us and has made a big difference in our family. We started the Lectures on Faith. That was very tedious reading. Trying to read it cover to cover was painful, so we stopped.
My lessons on Sunday are amazing. I love the children. I teach the 11 turning 12 year olds. I had a great day at church yesterday. I fasted for the first time in a year in a half because of being pregnant and nursing. It felt great and I am looking forward to strengthening my testimony about fasting. So often in Sacrament I will think. Sure I haven't borne my testimony in awhile. But I haven't had anything amazing happen to me this week or lately....and I don't know what to say. But because of some recent family events I started pondering alot about my testimony. I realized that my simple testimony of the Savior is in fact amazing and wonderful. That it should be shared often. I realized how I take for granted the things that I do know because I thought it was common knowledge. How silly to think that. But some how in my bubble at home that is how I felt. It was a good Sunday. I am in good spirits today as well. Such a relief from the despair I have felt lately.