Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I cooked.

From about 11:00 on today I cooked on and off until 4. But I was happy to do it. I realized to myself, I do love to cook, I do, I like cooking. I just don't like to cook every day. When what you love becomes work....that's when its not fun anymore. It would be amazing to have every other day a cooking day. So today I made chicken noodle soup, my noodles were beautiful this time. Why can't I improve on my mothers technique for cooking noodles?...I thought to myself. I used a pizza cutter to make straight even lines. My mom would have been proud. I also made an awesome apple spice cake. I've been wanting to make one for a few days. I made a caramel sauce to go over it. Yum yum! I then made my best dinner rolls. I was able to deliver part of this feast to a new mom in the ward.



Also I left my cell phone in the car last night by mistake. And I thought about it a couple of times but liked the fact that it was away for a day.



My kids were pleasant and charming today. Damon gallops around the house. It is so cute. At night when I put him to bed he does this noise and points to the door. I know that he wants a drink. I say, "Oh you want this?" and I point to my mouth and whimper and pretend like I'm drinking from a cup and that I'm really thirsty. He laughs and laughs and does it with me as he shakes his head emphatically as if to say, "yes yes that it what I want." Someday he will speak.



I keep thinking how delightful and pleasant Lydia is to be around. I love the way she moves and speaks. She is so easy to be around. I think I'm actually going to be really sad when she starts kindergarten. She is like my little friend around the house and such a great helper with either Damon or Baby Bella. The year before Andrea went to kindergarten she was on my case all the time about what we were doing all day. Its amazing the different personalities.



Andrea is my little grown-up poor thing. She worries about everything. I feel bad lately because we argue before school about getting ready and then when she comes home we argue about chores and homework. I've got to figure her out better!



Bella is my Angel Baby. She is eating rice cereal and fruits. She loves it! She is such a happy baby! I'm enjoying every moment. We took her with us on our date Friday night to dinner and a movie. She was sooo good it was unbelievable and at 6 months.



I marvel all the time that I have four kids!