Tuesday, October 13, 2009

This is me, my thoughts, who I am
I am happy with it


Tonight I had a farewell time with my primary kids. The valiant 12's. I am really going to miss them. We had a good time making cookies and delivering them. I felt bad that I hadn't done it before with them. I absolutely love teaching senior primary. It is very comfortable. I love the singing time as well. If you want to feel warm and fuzzy, go into primary during singing time.



I'm thinking about the responsibilities of my new calling and the sisters I will be serving. I'm excited and nervous. Now is the time to grow again. Just when things get comfortable, change comes.



During sacrament meeting on Sunday I kept thinking about the mother with cancer.

I cried. I couldn't help it.

During primary they were singing about families being together forever and I quickly had to look away and think of something else. I didn't want to cry again. The daughter of the mom with cancer was sitting right next to me singing her beautiful little heart out. I feel bad leaving her for someone else to teach because I want to keep a close eye on her. She is an amazing girl and now that her mother is in treatment she makes dinner every night for her family and is taking over teaching school to her younger sister.

When your mother is sick you grow up fast. That is what happened to me as well growing up. My mother was sick a lot. But not with cancer. It is a heavy load to carry. Trying to help keep everything together. I remember being so terrified that my mother would die.
The gospel has been my anchor.

I'm feeling peace about my life and the choices I have made. I feel the Saviors love for me. That is the greatest gift. I wish for every woman to feel that same love. It is there for all of us.

This summer during this difficult financial time for us I felt so insignificant. I felt discouraged and wondered if the Lord heard my prayers. I thought, "Are you really aware of me?"
And in that moment. Immedietly came to my mind something in my patriarchial blessing. That the Lord would look upon me very closely. A total peace came over me and I cried in gratitude. Ever since that moment I feel okay. Knowing that we are doing our best and that He has a plan for us. That He is there listening, watching, blessing me in ways I'm not always aware of. Putting my trust in Him. It feels good. Very good. I want Him to lead the way.

"Heavenly Father, are you really there?
And do you hear and answer every childs prayer? (even mine??)
Some say that heaven is far away.
But I feel it closer around me as I pray.
Heavenly Father, I remember now...
Something that Jesus told disciples long ago,
'Suffer the children to come to me'
Father in prayer I'm coming now to thee.
Pray, He IS there
Speak, He IS listening
You are his child (yes me!)
His love, Now surrounds you.
He hears your prayers (yes mine!)
He loves the children
Of such is the kingdom
The kingdom of Heaven."

hugs ladies! hugs!