Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tender Mercies

I keep trying to think of what I would like to blog about. But I keep getting distracted. My life feels so,... almost urgent. The small moments of peace and stillness I give to my children. I have a friend that I realized I need to visit and get our kids together but it feels like I can't give that time right now. My husband needs me. I have to be here for him at any moment. I have to have my mind ready to receive and act on inspiration and use my best communication skills to work together to find the answers to our problem---money. Is it the most important thing? That is a good question. It has a lot of importance. We have to have money to live. So the answer is, Yes! I think its importance depends a lot on what the purpose the money is used for.

Today started out well. I still can't seem to get up earlier. I have become neither a morning person nor a night person. And that is not good.


I helped my daughter get ready for school. We had family scripture study and prayer and she was off to the bus. The bus--that is another topic I could write about, but not today.


We seem to pray a lot in this house hold. Prayer in the morning, prayer before meals, prayer before bed, and all the little prayers in my heart to help get through the day.


My life is different when I start the day with a prayer. I can deal with things better. It is like the day starts with the right frame of mind and the right perspective.


My husband had misplaced a key to a truck we are trying to sell. He just put a new transmission in it. We have been looking for the key for a couple of days. This morning we prayed for help and shortly after, found the key. A tender mercy.

Monday we had no money. I was out of milk for my baby and had no gas in the car-also low on diapers. A man in our ward called that morning because his truck wouldn't start. After Wade replaced the fuel pump I was able to get milk, diapers and gas! A tender mercy.


I told my sister about it and the first thing she said was, "How Pathetic." I guess my situation right now is pathetic. But I am trying to learn the lessons I am supposed to and make the best of my life right now. We have never been so broke and yet it makes us appreciate the little things more. My husband and I are getting along very well. That doesn't take money!


My children were laughing a lot today. It was beautiful. One of the moments my daughter Lydia was laying on the floor and my baby Damon crawled (more like charging with his head down) right onto her and made the greatest belly laugh. They both just laughed and laughed. It was a great moment.