Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Just Thoughts

We got rid of our home phone, satellite TV and had the owners pay for Internet. It feels really good. We have amazing digital reception for TV. But now have to suffer through the commercials. Which means we watch less TV. That is always good!


I really want to sign up the girls for dance. I would rather not cut/dye my hair, buy new clothes or eat out to have them in dance. Unfortunately those things have pretty much already been cut out of the budget. It is amazing right now. As I was scrubbing a disabled man's disgusting apartment on Friday for 5 hours (hating every minute of it) to make $100, I thought back. I remember quiet vividly how my mom used to throw $100 bills around like they were $1 bills. And there we were. My mom and I scrubbing our hearts out. Not that I don't like work. I just didn't expect to be doing this kind of work after finishing school, I especially didn't like to see my mother doing that kind of work. But we are after all here to be proven and tried.




I cried to Wade the other night thinking about our daughter starting school and how I wanted to go to St. George just she and I and go school shopping. I also need to get DW some clothes for his birthday, especially church clothes and shoes. He is turning 1 next week!

He said, "why do you want to buy her new clothes?"


"Because I always got new clothes for school."


"I didn't. It's more for you than for her. She is only 5."


We signed her up for soccer months ago. It is nice because we only pay once upfront. She has this fundraiser shop local card. It is the best fundraiser I have seen. You could literally go into Pizza Hut every day and buy one pizza and get one free for a year. Pizza Hut is only 1 out of 24 other coupons 12 of which is continuous. I was determined to show her how to do this fundraising stuff and we went out and sold 10 of them. Now she will get a free soccer ball, t-shirt, back-pack, deluxe-goodie bag, dairy queen desert, and wingers kids meal. I'm feeling like a good mom!

We moved the computer into the kitchen area yesterday. Goodbye play pen in my room! Now D.W can nap in his room. I need to get the girls some bunk beds. That way they have more space to play in their room. We are learning to use the space we have more efficiently.

My son is finally having a couple of good days. The teething has been awful, poor guy! Today he has been eating a lot and playing. It is always sad when you know they are not their happy little selves.
I have such a good husband. He is trying so hard to do what is right. Plus he is so nice to me and never critical. We played soccer in the backyard tonight as a family. It was so great. It made me so grateful for my home. Goodnight!