Tuesday, April 17, 2012

doTerra

The Book of Mormon is like water to me. I must have it every day to live. But there are other things besides water that we need to live. Our life is a juggle of the many good things we need and doing it all in moderation and priority. I've been searching for things to help me live a healthy happy life in this crazy world and especially with the spiritual war ragging on. I'm very happy about the new tool I have found thanks to a kind family member. Two months ago I hosted my first doTerra class. doTerra is a Utah company who sells pure essential oils. As I sat in the class and listened to her experience and she taught us what an essential oil is I felt really good inside and felt the truth in what she was saying. I felt this desire to get some oils and experience them for myself.  I invested in a kit and book and my journey started. I began using an oil every day and studying about them. I was also very interested because Frankincense and Myre are some of the essential oils. Pure Frankincense and Myre! I thought about how they were given as gifts to the baby Jesus along with Gold. What is it about these two oils that were given as gifts to the Savior? I have been amazed at what I'm learning. I want this a part of my life! There are amazing physical and emotional benefits to these oils. My children love it when I put oils on them. Especially lavender. I didn't used to particularly like the synthetic perfume of lavender. But the pure lavender oil smells amazing! I've been putting the oil On Guard which is a blend of oils on the bottom of my families feet when I feel a cold coming on. Since Feb. non of us have gotten a bad cold. I don't believe these oils replace modern day medicine but I believe they can help fight disease and especially prevent disease.

One of the neat things about the oils is it promotes a lot of healthy touching as I put oils on my family members. My husband and I started doing this aromaTouch with the oils on each others backs. Its a light back massage with the oils. It smells and feels amazing. I think it really adds to our marriage to connect in that way. I thought wow to live 50 years of marriage doing this aromaTouch on each other will really add a lot to our relationship! AromaTouch adds another dimension to the feelings of love and care. Its hard to explain.

Ive been journaling my experiences as I've been trying out the oils. One in particular is exciting with losing weight. Not that I feel I need to lose weight but I do want to maintain what I have. I work hard at watching what I eat but sometimes its easy to do and sometimes its not. When I start running a lot I find myself hungry all the time. I'm actually working up this huge appetite! You can find that you can actually gain weight when your exercising all the time. And than when your trying to watch what you eat your hungry all the time. Its not fun to feel hungry!
One day a couple of weeks ago I was doing a spiritual fast since I missed fasting on fast Sunday. This was on a Tuesday and I knew it would be difficult to fast without food and water all day doing my normal work. So I decided to fast without food but still drink water. I put a few drops of lemon essential oil into my water. Not only did it taste nice but I noticed that I actually felt a little strength and that it took the edge off my hunger. I felt like it was helping me not feel so hungry!
I've been drinking a glass of water with lemon essential oil most mornings now. Its also very good for your body! I now have been learning about this essential oil blend called Slim and Sassy. Its actually called the metabolic blend. It has grapefruit, lemon, peppermint, ginger and cinnamon in it. These oils are known to increase your metabolism, manage hunger and uplift your mood. You put 8 drops in 16 oz of water. It tastes amazing!
I just thought I would share in case anyone is interested. If you want to learn more let me know and I can teach you!
I also noticed that Damon one day was complaining that his neck hurt. I felt his neck and noticed that his lymph nodes under his ears were very swollen and tender. I texted my dad and he said if there was pain and fever we should start antibiotics. There was no fever yet. I looked up in my book about swollen lymph nodes and it said what oils to use. I didn't have the second oil it mentioned but I had lavender which was the top oil it mentioned. It said to rub the oil on the swollen lymph nodes. I did that that night. Plus it is very calming and helps you sleep! The next day it was still swollen but still no fever. I put it on every night for a few nights. The tenderness went away and the fever never came and the swelling went down. I don't know for certain if the oil was the reason he got better but its a good experience non the less to think about.
My Andrea complains of having a hard time breathing every single night. There happens to be an oil blend called Breathe. It smells a little like menthol but all natural. She wants it on her chest every night! I've borrowed a diffuser that lets you put the oil into the air. There are benefits to the aromas of the oils and some of them kill viruses and bacteria in the air!! wow!
I am experiencing a lot of emotional benefits that I'm not going to go into right now. I am very happy so far with my experiences and I keep thinking about people who could benefit like me! Lastly I want to share my new favorite scripture that has really just verified my feelings of the good in natural plants.
Alma 46:40
And there were some who died with fevers, which at some seasons of the year were very frequent in the land--but not so much so with fevers, because of the excellent qualities of the many plants and roots which God had prepared to remove the cause of diseases, to which men were subject by the nature of the climate--

I feel good having oils on hand to help us all be healthier and prevent diseases when especially these times are so crazy and health care so expensive. (I also have antibiotics in storage! Which I also recommend!!) It feels empowering to be able to have natural things on hand to use and not have to be at the mercy of the health care system for every little ailment and also.....to continue learning!

~Have a happy day with lots of Love, Light, and Learning!