Monday, July 12, 2010

Therapy

Last years garden
It was a long exhausting day taking care of my 4 children and trying to keep up on the housework. Wade came home from work and was tinkering in the garage and front yard with the kids. It was a beautiful summer evening.

I started to dose off while nursing my baby. She was being a little fussy the last couple of hours and I needed a break. I lay her down to sleep, and as exhausted as I felt from the long day and the baby still getting up every two hours in the night, I felt the need to relieve some stress. I found some old pants with a hole in the knee and put them on. As well as socks and shoes--I hate spiders and I know my garden is full of them.

In the garage I grab the hoe and quickly go to the backyard before anyone sees me. I need some alone time. The weeds were getting big and the roots on some of them are deep. I swing that hoe as hard as I can over and over. My heart rate goes up and I stop now and then to stretch my back. It is hard work but it feels so good. All the sudden I feel pain in my hand. I look down at it and couldn't believe I had a blister that fast and it tore open. Ouch!!! As the air hits it, it stings. What am I doing without my gloves on?? I quickly go back to the garage and get my gloves. Andrea follows me and watches me rake and how the weeds. We talk. Wade and the other kids eventually come out and I feel so proud of what I've accomplished. The wheel barrow is completely full of weeds and the garden looks great. That's what I call good therapy!